Thursday 3 November 2011

Halloween Pumpkin Lanterns

Materials: Ikea Lantern, not on the site anymore. Paint. Candles

Description: I had two of these round-globed lanterns and decided to try and make pumpkins out of them for Halloween.

I painted the insides of the globes orange, swirling the paint around the inside after I'd thinned it a bit. I did two coats of the paint, letting it dry in between.

Then I found some Halloween images on line and traced them onto paper and then cut them out. I marked around the edges with orange marker, and then painted the images black. Again with two coats.

I re-assembled the lanterns and put Ikea pillar candles in them, lit them and voila! A halloween pumpkin lantern.

See more of the halloween lantern.

~ meg fairfax fielding, baltimore, maryland, usa

No comments:

Post a Comment