Saturday 26 November 2011

How we added a "third room"

DIY loft

Materials: Billy bookshelves 106 cm; MDF board; pieces of wood; red velvet

Description: Our flat is not so big and so I've had the idea to create a "third room". First I painted the wall behind the new bed in red color. Then I built up the Billy bookshelves and placed two boards of MDF wood on them and fix them on the bookshelves with crossing pieces of wood. Must be solid!

DIY loft
DIY loft

Then I used one Billy to make the stairs. Lastly I put the red velvet around the bed upstairs to have a soft border and a little bit of color. And now upstairs we have a new bed and downstairs we store all our shoes. The room is bigger now and there is also place for a desk and a PC.

DIY loft

That's it!

~ Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment