Wednesday 23 November 2011

Faktum kitchen dog bed


Materials:
Faktum base cabinet with 3 drawers, Captita legs, Numerär worktop, Abstract drawer front,

Description: After putting two 80cm Faktum base cabinets and a 246cm Numerar worktop together, a huge space between the bases cabinets was left. Since we have a dog who likes to be in the kitchen with us, we decided to give her a place of her own.

So I bought an extra Abstrakt drawer front and a set of Capita legs. I used an 80x60cm wooden panel as well, a leftover from an earlier project. I attached the front to the wooden panel with an aluminium angular profile.

I really like the result of this simple hack... and last - but not least - the dog does as well!


Note: The lower drawer on the right doesn't have a handle attached yet. Reason is that the front was damaged when I opened the packaging. So this one has to be changed at IKEA.

~ Patrick, Zwolle, Netherlands

No comments:

Post a Comment