Sunday 13 November 2011

A Lill Creepy Halloween Party


Materials: Lill, Vate, Regolit

Description:
I was looking for inexpensive, cool Halloween decorations for a party. Thus Ikea! I was working with a gym here, so not that attractive. I tied some twine across the basketball hoops to drape things across.

To create some creepy cloth I took three Lill curtains (which come in pairs) and cut them horizontally. Then I snipped them at the bottom and torn them upward and jabbed a pair of scissors in a few times to create jagged holes. I stitched the panels together because I needed them to span about 36 feet.

Next I took the Regolit and Vate paper lanterns and turned them into Jack O' Lanterns. The Vate was a steal in the 'As Is' section for only $1.50! I spray painted them with orange and let them hang to dry.


Then I painted the faces on the lanterns with black acrylic paint. I hung the lanterns and strung the 'creepy cloth' along with some white lights for class :) and ta-da!

Entire project: $36...not bad!

~ Ashley Rochelle, Laurel, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment