Tuesday 5 March 2013

"Amber" Kvintett


Materials: Kvintett lamp, pebeo 160 glass paint in paprika and amber, pebeo 160 thinner, sponge

Description: I love the classic shape of the Kvintett wall lamp, but wanted a warmer shade for my living room. So after some research, I decided to sponge paint the exterior of the Kvintett to mimic amber glass. I started by using pebeo 160 glass paint in paprika, mixed 2:1 with thinner, and sponged it all over the shade. You dab it on, and then keep dabbing at it to get it to smooth out.



I concentrated the paint more at the edges. I then dabbed some of the darker amber paint also mixed 2:1 with thinner to the top 2 to 3 inches of the shade. This resulted in a lovely variegated light amber wall lamp that gives off a warm soft light, even with cool cfl bulbs.

~ Jennifer Stuart, Pittsburg, California

No comments:

Post a Comment