Friday 29 March 2013

12" Depth Bathroom Vanity


Materials: 4 AKURUM Wall Cabinets, LILLÅNGEN Sink, RÖRSKÄR Faucet

Description: My customer needed a shallow bathroom vanity to increase the available space in her bathroom for her disabled mother.

Cost was also an issue.

I used 2 full length AKURUM wall cabinets (12" depth) and 2 smaller over the refrigerator type AKURUM cabinets to create a hanging vanity. Also to allow airflow from a poorly placed heating vent.

The top is made from tha same mosaic tiles I used for the shower floor. (She needed a zero entry barrier shower due to her wheel chair)



Total cost for the vanity was:

Sink $93.00
Faucet $43.00
Cabinets: $130.00
Doors: $94.00
Handles: ~$20.00
Tiles: 8sqft @ 4.20 = $34.00
Misc : $25.00

Total: $439.00

That is the retail price, although I picked most of this stuff up in the ASIS section, it ended up costing me about $280 and some effort.

~ Lord_Piot, Ottawa, ON, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment