Wednesday 5 December 2012

Photo Wall Done Riktig


Materials: DIGNITET Curtain wire, DIGNITET Support/corner fixture + RIKTIG Curtain hook with clip

Description: Riktig is the Scandinavian word for right.

I wanted to create a photo wall that:
1) could be easily updated with new photos
2) wasn't too expensive
3) wasn't dependent on one business that might not be there in the future (I'm looking at you ixxi)



I used:
DIGNITET Curtain wire
DIGNITET Support/corner fixture
RIKTIG Curtain hook with clip
Big sheets of thick paper/cardboard
Glue (I used a liquid glue sponge thingie)
Photos
Cutting knife, ruler etc.

I believe this hack is pretty self-explanatory but some notes:
The hooks between the photos are made be combining two hooks.
The square photos are 20x20cm.
The black squares are 25.3x25.3cm.
The holes are 4mm in diameter and the centre of the holes are 1.2cm away from the sides/tops/bottoms of the black squares.
The distance between the black squares is 3.7cm.
Remember that distance when calculating the size of the 2:1, 3:1, supersized 1:1 or whatever shape you might want to create:)

I believe that's about it. The lamp is also from ikea (FORS�). The images in the bottom are a bit off because I ran out of hooks - Ikea is only 10 min away so I'll fix that soon. I don't have the total costs for this project but the IKEA items are dirt cheap:)

~ Andreas Larsen, Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment