Tuesday 9 June 2009

Venny Notebook Bag

Jimmy from Belgium takes to needle and thread to sew himself a netbook bag.

He says, "Yippie, I got myself a 10� netbook, but how do I hold on to it as long as possible without anyone else stealing it? Well, you can get a obvious netbook bag or sleeve, but that says 'Hey, inside is a netbook'. Instead I chose to disguise it. I took a Venny Placemat folded it double, sewed the long side and bottom (by hand as the misses said the fabric is to thick for her machine!). Then I attached the loops side of velcro on the inside, the hooks part on the outside. Now I can slide the netbook in it (without scratching in on the velcro), close it up and stuff it in my 8� decathlon backpack. Easy, quick and the netbook is well protected against scratches and masked for those with less good intentions."





***
Ikea's pricing error
Did you buy any Akurum cabinets from August 1, 2008 to May 2009? Then dig out those old receipts and see if you've been overcharged. According to this 3-On Your Side report, "over 150 cabinets were being rung up at the register for a higher price than what was being advertised in the brochures and catalogues." Not good. We know how easy it is to lose track of the prices when you add on hinges, knobs, doors, shelves ... but hey, we thought that's what computers were for. Good news is, Ikea has corrected the "technical glitch" and will refund the difference if you have been overcharged. Click on this link to see all the cabinets affected by the pricing error.

No comments:

Post a Comment