Thursday 11 June 2009

A Bekvam and Molger bathroom remodel

This bathroom remodel is from Tricia, who claims to be the only woman she knows who sleeps with a chop saw.

Tricia tells me, "I live in an old duck-hunting cabin which was gentrified, so I am in process of de-prissying it.

I hacked a Bekvam kitchen cart to make a vanity for the small sink in an unbelievably tiny bathroom.

bekvam vanityI reduced the depth and cut new grooves for the angle brackets (shallow cut with a circular saw). Reduced the depths of the shelves, and halved the length of the centre slat in the top shelf to give room for the waste. for symmetry I put both wheels at the back. Two coats of polyurethane.

I also used Molger benches to make cupboard doors and a bath panel. The Molger benches can be made into practically anything. That bathroom is all walnut, teak and mahogany � I made the cupboard casings from mahogany with veneer inlay over the screw heads. the doors swivel on pins top and bottom rather than hinges.

bath surroundbathroom cabinetsThe vanity with the larger Hollviken sink was a dining buffet."

Awesome bathroom, ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment