Saturday 10 November 2012

Hacker help: Adding wheels to Galant T-Legs?

Photo: IKEA.com


Materials: Galant Table with T-Legs, Threaded Casters

Description: This is a plan, not an accomplishment. I will be surprised if this hasn't been done already.

The Galant T-Legs appear to have feet threaded on for adjustments to compensate for uneven floors.

I plan to to unscrew the feet all the way and screw in some threaded casters.

Has anyone seen this? I have searched high and low and have yet to find anything. Seems like a simple hack, but I can't find any information on it.

Does anyone have a T-Leg laying around that can help me test? I would like to know if the feet can be unscrewed and if so what the thread size is. That way I can have casters ready for when the desk arrives.

Thanks!

~ Ray, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment