Tuesday 9 August 2011

Quick and easy wardrobe


Materials: Billy Bookcase, Stolmen and Division

Description: This is a hack that anyone can do even those with no building skills. I moved into a new flat and wanted to take my Pax wardrobes, but soon discovered that they were too large and even the smaller version would not fit in my bedroom due to the low ceilings. I got to thinking and did some quick measurements in my head and came up with the idea of building my own built-in wardrobe I used the following items to construct my masterpiece.

2 x Billy Bookcases (40x20x202)
2 x Stolmen Posts
1 x pack of Stolmen end fitting
2 x Stolmen clothes rail
4 x Panel Curtains
2 x Kvartal triple track rail


Step by step guidelines:

1. Measure area height, width and depth
2. Draw a rough sketch of the inside of your wardrobe to determine what items you will need to buy
3. Build the billy bookcases and place in the desired location
4. Erect the Stolmen posts and secure in place with screws
5. Install your rails or any other Stolmen accessories you desire
6. Measure where the holes will go for your suspended Kvartal rail
7. Drill the holes and install the rails. (You may need to cut the rails to fit your area. I chose not to cut mine but overlap them.)
8. Install your Kvartal rail
9. Measure and cut your panel curtains to size
10. Hang your panel curtains
11. Enjoy!

~ Rickey-Dean Wasson, London

No comments:

Post a Comment