Monday 25 April 2011

Island Getaway


Materials: Any Ikea Base Cabinet, Ikea Perfekt End Base Unit, Ikea Capita Legs, Any Ikea Wood Butcher Block Countertop (Lagan, Varde, Numerar), Wainscoting Panels

Description: Okay, maybe not, but with the money I saved on my kitchen island, I probably could have taken a nice little vacation. I turned an Ikea base cabinet into an island for my kitchen. First, I took a 21 inch base cabinet (the drawer front and door only cost a dollar each because it was discontinued) and attached a Perfekt base shelving unit to one side with some screws.

Then, to finish the back, I bought a package of $10 wainscoting from Lowe's and used liquid nails to glue them to the back. I attached Capita legs to the bottom and for the top, used a leftover piece of a Numerar butcher block top from my mom's kitchen. The whole project took only a few hours to complete and cost just over $100.

See more of Jen's kitchen island.

~ Jenspire

No comments:

Post a Comment