Friday 24 December 2010

Vintage lamp base hack


Materials: Lyster candle dish, Tallvik table lamp, Florera candle dish

Description:
It took quite a bit of work to get the look I wanted and I'd like to share it with the Ikeahacker world. I bought a vintage ceramic lamp and was determined to replace the brass hardware with brushed stainless steel or nickel to blend into my decor (I have no brass by choice).  I found that the Lyster candle dish and the base of the Tallvik lamp, when combined, worked as a base.  I used some other parts for the neck, including the Florela candle dish as an accent, or bob�che.

The picture of the completed lamp shows the cast iron, nickel and stainless atop an old cast iron grate that will eventually be inset into the table it's resting on.

~ Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment