Wednesday 6 May 2009

Patchwork armchair

Ele does a pretty patchwork cover for her Tullsta.

She says, "I re-upholstered it with a patchwork of fabrics including several with lino block I printed myself. I also painted the scuffed legs white. I cut off the fabric and used it to make a pattern. I re-used the zipper for the cushion and then trashed it as it was neither nice nor clean. I used a combination of new fabric, thrifted fabrics (corduroy, cotton, upholstery, an old pair of pants and a men's shirt etc.) and block printed fabrics. I used lino block prints of the oudjat eyes, radiolarians, jellyfish, frog & lily pad, koi, seahorse, walrus, dragon and blue whales. I also used one old screen print of the sun."




See more pictures of her patchwork armchair.

***
Just wanted to thank Erin Scottberg of Lemondrop for her story on Ikea hacks. Her article picked 12 cheap and easy hacks from this site to show non-Ikea hackers what can be done. Is your hack one of them? Check out her article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment