Tuesday 9 December 2008

An extra surface for your work top

Another work station. Lawrence was looking for ideas for ways to increase the vertical space on his Galant desk and decided to assemble a platform for the needed flat surface.

He says, "The desk is really deep but a lot of this space gets wasted so I needed some vertical space. I saw people on your site had basically gotten random shelves/doors/pieces of wood and just stuck legs of them so that�s what I decided to do. I made the plinth type thing by buying a Lack side table and attaching 4 21cm (8") Capita legs to it. I think it fits in really nicely with the desk and provides me with some more room, it also overhangs the gap at the back where I wouldn�t have been able to put anything otherwise.


Not quite a hack but I really took the cable management to town using a Signum cable trunking thing and a lot of cable ties. I also attached some cheap CCFL lights under there that cost about �8 with delivery for four from ebuyer.com. They�re just hooked up to the computers power supply and have a separate switch to turn them off."

No comments:

Post a Comment